Sometimes packaging a mobile can take as much work and forethought as the design and build processes. For example, here a few things we had to take into consideration with the Saudi Arabia mobile:
- Disassemble mobile as much as possible to keep shipping costs low.
- Disassemble the mobile in a way that will be easy for the client to reassemble.
- Ensure that the frame is not damaged in shipping.
- Ensure that the fabric stays clean during disassembly, shipping, and reassembly.
- Create detailed reassembly instructions for client.
In this case, it culminated with a 15-page Mobiles for Dummies document that outlines every single aspect of reassembly. And it includes a lot of boring–but important–images like these: